Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Receiving the Visa = Highlight of My Week

August 22, 2010
Finally!

I finally received my Tier 4 General Student Visa in the mail earlier this week after an anxious instance where my application was almost denied!  THAT was pretty scary, but I'm so glad everything got sorted out!  Who knew that the UK had such stringent requirements?

I received in the mail the visa along with all the other documents that I sent them minus the actual applications (yes, there were three different applications to be filled out).  I still think it's kind of ridiculous how I had to send in my no-longer-valid Korean passport as well - what would they have done if I no longer had it in my possession?  I mean, it's not valid anymore since I am no longer a citizen of Korea...

The visa was mailed via UPS "next day air" method (although I'm confident that it didn't fly here from the British consulate in LA, which is literally 20 minutes away from my house).  It was kind of nice how they were extremely prompt about sending off the visa - one good thing out of this stressful experience!

I met with a couple of friends from Penn today, and we ended up hanging out in a spa, which was a really cool experience (but I'll save that for another day).  Since Penn's Fall 2010 semester is starting so soon, this was the last time I would see them until I came back from Wales.  It feels so weird that I won't be there in the fall!  I feel like I should be doing some sort of preparations to go back to Philly.  I am really sad that I'll be missing out so much in the fall, but I'm sure the semester would fly by as usual, and it'll be *gasp* the second semester of junior year in no time.

I'm not going to lie - my thoughts about studying abroad and Wales aren't all just filled with excitement - I'm actually more worried now than before.  There's so much to prepare, and I am so not ready!  Clock is ticking....