Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Long Overdue

I'm back.

And as usual, my lifestyle in LA has already begun to sweep away the life I had begun used to at Penn. Apparently, LA cures everything. As soon as I stepped into the sunshine out from the airport and looked outside to see such green grass and the sway of palm trees, I knew that I was not going to be fine, but was already fine.

The disappointment of an academic shortcoming, the frustration of particular friendships, the sadness of the goodbyes - everything seemed so far away. Well, that is partly due to the fact that 3000 miles away is really far away, but I really am starting to think that being home, being in this wonderful city puts a magical shield around me. The soft breeze and the wonderful sun surround me, hugging me - almost like how nature interacts with those dreamy princesses in Disney movies.

Okay, that sounded totally corny.

But seriously. Los Angeles. The city of Angels. I LOVE my city. When I am walking down the street, with huge sunglasses on and feeling the warmth of the sun and the people, I feel as if it is a very small representation of God's love for me. It surrounds me completely - it's in the atmosphere, the air, the aura - it's the sun, the warmth of the Pacific Ocean, the soft breeze, the palm trees, the smile of the stranger on the street, the art of the musicians and producers sitting next to me at Barnes & Noble, the splash of the fountain as I make my way home.

I really needed this after such a busy and crazy semester. I really needed this before heading off to the other side of the world next semester.

God knows what's best.

God knows...