Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Emotional No More

Hello, February.

I never thought I'd see the day when the busyness of life would reduce me to tears. But it almost happened today.

I knew it was going to be a bad day when I woke up to the alarm ringing at 9am and realized that I could see the world around me clearly - a proof that I had failed to take out my contact lenses the night before, and had fallen asleep in an uncomfortable position with the lights still on.

I think waking up in the morning to find out that I had fallen asleep by "accident" is one of the worst feelings in the world. I do not know why I feel so inadequate after such occasions, but it must have something to do with things getting out of my control.

My Mondays and Wednesdays suck. I have classes and work from 10am until 7pm, with an hour break in between - my only free block of time, by the way, was spent at a TA's office hours today.

In the midst of it all...as I was rushing across campus to make it from one lecture to the next, I felt the burning tears building up behind my eyelids - a phenomenon that started only after college, something that might be psychological for all I know.

I thought I had to cry it out, since my past experiences with the unpleasant sensation had, without fail, led me down that pathway - however, this time it was different. I think I am now able to control my emotions (well, at least that one emotion) to cure myself out from such terrible feelings.

I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing...