Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Twenty.

No longer a teenager.

I am not sure if aging is such a big deal anymore, since birthdays are becoming more and more meaningless. Still, I feel like this new decade in my life deserves at least a blog post, so here I am.

The birthday started out with a surprise! short party with APO exec board, which took me completely by surprise and made me feel so homey. An earlier celebration in the week felt a bit superficial, which made me question certain things...but of all things, this weekend made me love APO more (I thought it was not even possible to love it more!).

The day continued on with random friend visits and a late lunch/H-mart trip with a friend that I had not imagined to have developed such a special bond with; it's really funny how things turn out sometimes.

At the night of my birthday, I was busy preparing for the Rush Final Mixer, one of the few events that I am in charge of this semester; although it was a little bit stressful in the beginning, the event went smoothly for the most part, and APO made me feel incredibly loved throughout - although it was busy, I would not have had it any other way.

But the night was not over yet. After a brief encounter with church people, I realized that the east coast snow storm had begun; therefore, a friend and I ended up deciding to "walk in the snow" instead of studying, and we built a snowman, took pictures, made snow angels, and completely enjoyed ourselves. When we returned, we cuddled with a cup of hot chocolate and just talked.

I love honest, spiritual conversations that go on for hours. I love hearing and sharing about having a relationship with God and how faithful and good He has been to us.

The past 20 years have been filled with His grace and love. I honestly can say that I am excited for getting to know Him better as I grow in my relationship with Him.